Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weeks 19 & 20

Ok, so I have taken a month hiatus from blogging for no apparent reason other than, well, I've been lazy. We did travel to the west coast for a week and I am winding down with my grad school courses and the end of the school year. I guess I could use that as an excuse?!

On to the updates....



As the previous blog revealed...it's a BOY! A beautiful, healthy baby boy and we couldn't be more excited! When the nurse said the words we all screamed in excitement! Honestly, Petey and I always wanted a boy first. Don't get me wrong, we would have been excited either way, but we are thrilled for our first born to be a boy. We've had names picked out for both gender for weeks, so we were finally able to call our baby by name!

I have been wishing and hoping to feel movement ever since my weekly update told me that I may begin to feel flutters at week 15. Needless to say, I was so bummed when the weeks went by and I still couldn't feel anything! I guess baby boy is getting bigger and I can finally feel his little kicks and punches. They feel like popcorn popping at random. It's SO fun!!



Hubby started planning a trip to California as a surprise a few months ago. We got married on my spring break 2 years ago and it's been the tradition to take a big trip each year during that week {last year was Europe!}. Well, he ended up telling me and thus the planning began! :) 

We flew out bright and our first stop was LA. My college friend Allie lives out there so we got to visit her and explore LA for a few days! Fun stuff to see and do there for sure! Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc! 



Finally making it to LA. Fun LAX sign right near the airport.

This was our awesome rental ride for the week!!



Food and drinks on a rooftop, overlooking "muscle beach"!


My sweet friend, Allie. We were besties in college and next door neighbors! She is now big time and works in LA for TOMS shoes. Love her and miss her!!

                                         










                                                                                       

Petey and I decided to hit up Beverly Hills to see how the "other side" lives. It was fun, fancy, and expensive!! We had a great day exploring all around LA!

After our stay in LA, we started our 12 hour drive up the PCH. With many stops along the way including, Santa Barbara, Malibu, Big Sur, Santa Maria, and many more!


Here are a few pics from our drive up and down the PCH. Breathtaking fews!!
                                                                 






There's a place you can stop and view these huge lazy elephant seals. They were amazing!




We have hundreds of photos and tons of video of the coast. But, we'd be here all day if I were to show you all of those! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment